In the last 15 years Maize has experienced impressive growth in population, nearly doubling since the 2000 Census. Maize also has seen construction of new schools and new housing, major infrastructure improvements and new commercial developments. Following is a list of targeted industries that could benefit from a location in Maize.
Industrial and Manufacturing facilities, including those requiring a large footprint
- Current land use plan and ongoing efforts to develop “shovel ready” sites with excellent infrastructure, highway access and rail service ensure adequate land available
- A trained and experienced workforce within commuting distance
- Commercial Incentive Plan
Corporate Headquarters/Financial Services and Back-office Operations
- existing Class A office buildings and an emerging cluster of office and headquarters facilities
- new commercial developments have lots available with roads and utilities in place
- highly ranked Maize High Schools and the West Campus of Wichita State University provide good access to workforce training, part-time workers and interns
- a number of new housing developments in the middle-upper to upper priced market
- excellent quality of life that includes highly acclaimed public schools and some of Wichita’s best dining and shopping close by
- west-side location makes it a short drive to Wichita’s Mid-Continent Airport providing convenient access to locations around the country
- area surrounding the Northwest quadrant of Wichita, including Maize, is experiencing strong growth
- recent improvement and expansion of Maize Road, the location of K96 Highway on the north and planned Northwest Bypass make getting to Maize easy and convenient
- plenty of available land for development of service and retail establishments to support travelers and visitors
316-722-7561 or see www.cityofmaize.org.