The City of Maize
The City of Maize, Kansas anchors the K96 Corridor to the East and is one of the fastest growing communities in Sedgwick County and the State of Kansas. The city enjoys all the amenities of Wichita while maintaining a small town, friendly atmosphere.
Maize is well known for its outstanding public school system. USD 266 serves approximately 7,000 students in 8 buildings including 4 newly constructed facilities. The district is guided by the 15 year plan titled “Journey to Excellence” providing for sustained growth and excellent performance. Maize is also home to the Wichita State University West Campus bringing a college education close to home.
With abundant available land, excellent infrastructure and a pro-growth attitude, Maize is a perfect place for both residential and commercial growth. Among the many advantages in Maize, you’ll find:
- Easy access from anywhere via K-96 Highway and the recently upgraded 5-lane Maize Road
- A number of newly constructed strip mall and retail developments ready for occupancy
- Eight active housing developments offering new homes ranging from entry-level pricing of $125,000 to executive level homes priced at $1 million
- Recreational opportunities including City Park, programs offered through the Recreation Commission and community festivals
- An active Chamber of Commerce
- A wide range of retail and service businesses including a recently opened Holiday Inn Express in Maize and many new medical facilities in Maize and nearby northwest Wichita
- Incentive plans for both residential and commercial development
The City of Maize is also home to a number of manufacturing facilities at the Maize Industrial Park. Following a comprehensive research effort coducted by TranSystems for the City, Maize recognized the value of recruiting manufacturer's and moved forward with development of the park. In November, 2014 groundbreaking was held for their first tenant, Reiloy USA. The facility now houses their North Amercian headquarters and manufacturing plant. That success was quickly followed by a manufacturing plant for Aero-Tech Engineering who followed their initial move to Maize with an expansion that included a second building. Two more manufacturing plants are under construction in 2018. The park is set to welcome more businesses with an expansion underway that will open up additional sites.The park offers great access to K96 Highway, abundant utilities, a talented workforce in the area and commercial air service only 10 minutes away at Wichita Mid-Continent Airport. Several of the sites can be served by rail.
To learn more about the City of Maize contact City Administrator Richard LaMunyon, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Deputy City Administrator Becky Bouska, email@example.com,
at 316-722-7561 or see www.cityofmaize.org.